- September 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm #26052
Frank has suggested that we do a Tech Night on how to use our website, n1fd.org. Brian and I both think that this is a good idea so we will make this our Tech Night topic for October.
I’d like to get some input on areas of n1fd.org that our members would like to learn about so we can make this Tech Night a good one. Here’s a starting list of what I have so far.
- A Tour of Content on n1fd.org – whats there, whats updated regularly, and fund with videos, pictures, and social network stuff.
- How do I log in, change passwords, and add a picture (and why this is important)
- Finding stuff via menus, categories, tags, and search
- The sidebars – a wealth of interesting material to look at…
- RSS and email notifications
- What is the difference between the Forums and our Articles area and which one should I use for what?
- A tour of the backend of our website (creating content)
- How do I write an Article? How do I create a Forum Post?
- Including pictures and video…
- Doing member stuff on n1fd.org – joining, renewing, registering for classes, badges, donating…
- How our newsletters work
- Adding other stuff to our calendar, links, media collections, etc.
- How do n1fd.org and social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest relate to each other and why do we care?
- A look “under the hood” – Security, Performance/Scaling, Search Optimization, Analytics, and building your own website with WordPress
- What’s next for n1fd.org?
Also, please share any questions that you might have or anything related to this list or not you’d like to hear about and we’ll work it into the discussion.
I’d also like to try something new – we will have Internet Access for this Tech Night so please bring your WiFi capable laptop so you can look at and play with n1fd.org as we go.
This Tech Night will be held on Tuesday, October 10th at FirstChurch in Nashua – don’t miss it!
- Fred (AB1OC)
President, Nashua Area Radio Society
You must be logged in to access attached files.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.