As we just held our annual officer elections, I’d like to thank the departing officers for their service to the club. Departing the Executive committee are:
Our Executive Committee members have worked hard to move the Nashua Area Radio Society forward this past year. Some of our major progress in 2017 includes:
- We increased our Youth Engagement through many activities and initiatives for young people including working with students from local schools to launch two High Altitude Balloons.
- We helped 28 new Amateurs into the hobby through our Technician license classes and we helped 20 Amateurs earn General and/or Extra upgrades as part of our license classes in the Spring and Fall.
- We provided an Interesting and Educational set of Programs and Tech Nights and added to our library of video training materials.
- We provided CW training to help folks learn Morse Code.
- We provided a Diverse set of Amateur Radio related activities including SOTA Activations, Rookie Roundups, Kids Day, Club Picnic and theTower Climb Open House.
- We enjoyed a Safe and Successful Field Day.
- We achieved Top Club and Top State in 13 Colonies Special Event.
- We added a 2m Repeater Net to our weekly net activities.
- We significantly increased our presence and activity on Social Media.
- We made significant progress toward securing our federal 501c(3) status including drafting and approval of a new Constitution and By-Laws and a set of supporting Policies and Procedures documents.
- We grew our membership to over 150 members.
2018 Executive Committee Members
I’d like to congratulate and welcome our new and returning Officers and Directors to the Executive Committee. Our 2018 Officers and Directors are:
- President, Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
- Vice President, Dave Merchant, K1DLM
- Secretary, Brian McCaffrey, W1BP
- Treasurer, Hamilton Stewart, K1HMS
- Membership, Jamey Finchum, KC1ENX
- Programs, Scott Andersen, NE1RD
- Activities, Anita Kemmerer, AB1QB
I am looking forward to working with the New Executive Committee a toward a successful 2018.