What to learn Ham Radio operating skills and technical skills? We hold a monthly Tech Night Session as part of our mission to help our members develop and expand their Ham Radio related technical knowledge.
These sessions cover a variety of topics that our members have chosen.
Our next Tech Night will be on Tuesday, September 12th at 7 pm. Our September Tech Night will be about Weak Signal Digital (JT) Modes and WSJT-X. Don’t miss it!
July 2017 Tech Night – Grounding and Bonding
Previous Tech Night Presentations
- All About Field Day 2017 by Dave Merchant, K1DLM, and our Field Day Planning Team.
- Building and Operating a Satellite Ground Station by Burns Fisher, W2BFJ and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- DXing and QSLing by Anita Kemmerer, AB1QB; Bill Barber, NE1B; Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; and Dick Powell, WK1J.
- Getting the Most from your HF Transceiver and More by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC and Dave Michaels, N1RF.
- Popular Loggers – Ham Radio Deluxe and DXLab Suite by Dave Merchant, K1DLM and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- Low-Band Antennas by Dennis Marandos, K1LGQ; Hamilton Stewart, K1HMS; Brian McCaffrey, W1BP; and Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC.
- RF Simulation and Matching by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO
- Directional Antennas by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; Dave Michaels, N1RF; Brian Smigielski, AB1ZO; and Greg Fuller, W1TEN
- Surface Mount Solder and Desoldering, a Hands-On Presentation by Jeff Millar, WA1HCO
- All About Field Day 2016 by our Field Day Planning Team.
- Building Your First Station and Getting On The Air by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC, and Dave Michaels N1RF
- Software Defined Radios by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC and Skip Youngberg, K1NKR
- Advanced Repeaters (DMR, EchoLink, DMR, and D-STAR) by Anita Kemmerer; AB1QB, Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC; and Bill Barber, NE1B
- Antenna Modeling with EZNEC by Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC
Tech Night Videos and Presentations
All of our Tech Night presentations are included in our members-only video and presentation archives below.
Our Tech Nights are held at the First Church in Nashua, NH in Nauss Hall. Please park in the second or third lot next to the Church. We hope to see you at our next Tech Night!