Sunday Night 10M net

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dave Michaels Dave Michaels 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jwahar Bammi
    Participant

I am in Westford MA, FN42GN, and on a few occasions tried to tune into the Sunday night 10M net. I am clearly at the far edge of the groundwave, but on occasion I have heard a very faint signal on the SDR (~~140ft long wire antenna), nothing on my regular station (N-S oriented end-fed that tunes up well on 10M and other bands). Was wondering what type of antenna net control and others are using for this net (NVIS? or a regular dipole/vertical).

Reason I thought of this, and for this post is that I am thinking of building an NVIS, to experiment and learn, but it would be a bonus if that would enable me to join the 10M net.

BTW: Had no problem joining the 2M/70cm net last Sunday via the Hollis repeater from here. Just a lowly dual band J-pole antenna (the Ed Fong pvc special)  hoisted up on a 20ft mast on my back deck.

73 de kc1ccr
    bammi

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

hello bammi from matt n/c of the 10 meter chat net i currently have 3 antennas that i may use a g5rv and a rotable 10 meter moxon and a vertical as well so i should be able to hear you as some stations that check in are using OSF or possible verticals . i mostly use the vertical or moxon on the net it helps so feel free to e mail me ([email protected]) should you like to try a contact with me some evening hope to hear you on sometime. 73’s matt n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Jwahar Bammi
    Participant

Thanks Matt,
    I will take up your kind offer and sched a test. Doing some reading around building NVIS – its spring time finally, and time to build an antenna!

73 de kc1ccr
    bammi

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

no problem bammi I’m home 24/7 if its easier? feel free to call me @ 603-948-8950 anytime . matt

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Dave Michaels
    Dave Michaels
    Participant

Hi Bambi:

The testing with Matt should find a solution for you.  I live in Merrimack and usually use a G5RV for the net.  It runs broadside East-West and I operate with 50 watts or less.  I would guess most of us are running horizontal polarization; but a few like Matt and Russell have success with verticals.

Catch you on the air sometime.

Dave  N1RF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: