N1FD Special Event: Our 37th Anniversary

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum N1FD Special Event: Our 37th Anniversary

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Layne AE1N
    Layne AE1N
    Participant

What a great time to get on the AIR! [“GOTA”] . As I mentioned at our October 4th meeting, this week is our 37th Anniversary and we are requesting Nashua ARC members to work their home stations operating as N1FD. This is NOT a contest or competition. It is a chance to make general QSOs and introduce your contacts to the Nashua Area Radio Club. Tell them all about the work we do and ask them to check us out at http://www.N1FD.org.

So that we don’t wind up with N1FD in the same mode and band segment at the same time, Anita AB1QB, our Activities Director, has created a Sign-up sheet for the N1FD Special Event this weekend. The event will start at 5pm Friday October 7th and ends at 8:00pm on Monday October 10th (Eastern Time). You can access the signup spreadsheet here.

Please fill out the sign-up sheet to let others know the time slot you will be active. If you stop during your slot, you should remove your entry to let someone else use the remainder of the slot. Note this includes  6 meters through 160 meters.

It is important that any QSOs as N1FD be reported to us from your logging program (or paper log) so we can properly place into the N1FD master log for inclusion into Logbook of the World and QSLing. Also, if you have not read the guidelines for using our club call sign before, please take a look at them here on our website.

Note: While we prefer you use N1FD for this event, nothing precludes using your own Callsign to make QSOs!

Above all, HAVE FUN and SEE YOU ON THE AIR

Layne AE1N

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

If folks are operating using the N1FD call sign and have signed up via the spreadsheet, I’d suggest you self spot and indicate that we are the Nashua Area Radio Club Anniversary special event on the spotting cluster. This should improve the amount of traffic the we get. I am headed to the shack now to operate as N1FD and I plan to do this. Have fun!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Wow, 20m is wide open tonight. Folks need to give our 37th anniversary special event a try. Just made 90 calls in an hour and had a nice pileup most of the time. Here come the QSL cards…

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: