Amateur Radio and CERT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Doug Whitney
    Participant

During the New Roots Music Festival on Main St of Nashua. The Nashua CERT team was activated for a Community Outreach and additional Safety/Security to the Event. Patrick Morrison KC1HDM and I Doug KC1GKI operated our portables on a Simplex Frequency and interacted during the event simulating and applying Ham Radio into the Operations of a CERT event. This is a useful tool as there are Licensed operators coming into the Nashua as well as several existing in the Brookline, NH Cert teams. Communications were smooth as we were working in a limited area. Eventually we would like to have more CERT team members trained and enlarge the ability of the team when all other methods fail… Utilization of the skill and working during simulated events is a start for the team as there are other licensed members already on board. We hope to include and gain more licensed individuals and grow the awareness of the value of our skills during Storm and potential disaster situations before they occur. 

- Doug, KC1GKI

Attachments:
    Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

I’m very interested and available to help at anytime so sign me up.my contact info is [email protected] . cell # 603-400-4445 home # 603-718-1932 . matt n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Great post Doug! Thanks for doing it!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: