As explained in a previous article, we have been working on enhancing our Remote Control Ham Station system. The upgrades include additional remote client options, better remote networking via the Internet, and better integration with our microHAM system.
As part of the fall upgrade plans at our station, we have completed quite a few enhancements to the Remote Operating Gateway and associated client devices in our station. The upgrades include:
- An upgrade to FlexRadio SmartSDR V2 to add improved networking of a FlexRadio SDR radio over the Internet
- The addition of a FlexRadio Maestro Console to make it easier to operate our station remotely and to enable sending CW via paddles.
- A new, simpler VPN solution to allow remote control of antennas, amplifier, and accessories in our station
- Updated Laptop PC VPN and Remote Control Software to allow operation of our DXLab Logging Suite software with the Maestro in SSB Phone and CW modes
- The installation of the latest version of WSJT-X software to add JT9, JT65, FT8, MSK144, and WSPR digital modes to our remote setup
You can read more on our Stationproject Blog about our Remote Control Ham Station Enhancements.
We try to do some station upgrades in the fall of each year to maximize our operating fun during the winter months. We always welcome members who want to join in on our projects as a means to learn about station building. More to come as we make progress with our planned projects.
Special thanks to Dave, K1DLM who has helped us with ideas for several aspects of this project.
Fred, AB1OCFollow or Contact Us: