Youth Outreach Event

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joe Kagenski 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamey Finchum
    Jamey Finchum
    Participant

As most of you know we have been working hard to get more youth involved in our great hobby and the club. We have a youth outreach event coming up on Saturday, November 19th at Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Nashua (off of Exit 8). The event will run from 9:00-5:00 pm.  Kids and their parents can come at any time during the event and learn about amateur radio through various activities – GOTA station, CW, snap circuits, making QSL cards, fox hunting, etc.

We have had one event at Mine Falls Park in Nashua and have garnered some interest in our next event. We are also waiting on approval from the Nashua schools to get out flyers out to parents. To be successful we need to get the word out and get more youth at the event. Here’s the part where I say, “We need your help!”  I am attaching a 1-page flyer with information on the upcoming event. If we could get our members, that live in the Nashua area, to print out the flyer and post it in your work place that would be a big help in getting the word out.

Jamey (AC1DC)

Attachments:

Joe Kagenski
    Participant

Jamey

Is there a link to a webpage for the event?

I can post it to the Hollis/Brookline FB page if that’s of interest/OK

Joe KC1GKP/AE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: