Winter Field Day Contacts

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Ira Brand Ira Brand 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ira Brand
    Ira Brand
    Participant

Hello to all the NARS members. It’s Ira, KC1EMJ and I am in Florida for the winter.

Three of the Amateur Radio Clubs here in the Tampa Bay area (UPARC, SPARC, and CARS) are conducting a Winter Field Day event this weekend. They will activate call sign W4TA starting at 2 PM, on Saturday, Jan. 27, for 24 hours from the Clearwater Fire Training Center. We expect to be active on 20M and 40M with multiple modes using dipole antennas mounted from 40′ fire rescue training towers on the site.

In the spirit of bringing my favorite north/south clubs together, I am inviting you to contact our activation and log a Florida contact. Based on my driving experience, we are about 1500 miles apart with temperatures here in the 70’s on Saturday. So, even if you can’t be here to warm up, you can enjoy contacting the friendly operators from these Pinellas County clubs. It is a good test for your antenna’s southern lobe.

I expect to be on the air Sat afternoon and look forward to a QSO with my fellow NARS members.

Ira, KC1EMJ

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: