Volunteers for a BOB Trailer Party June 2

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums Field Day Forum Volunteers for a BOB Trailer Party June 2

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Dave Michaels Dave Michaels 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dave Michaels
    Dave Michaels
    Participant

BOB FIELD DAY PARTY… Volunteers Needed

Yep, Field Day rapidly approaches. The F.D. committee is working hard on the new 3rd tower, derrick and overall operations.

One upcoming task is a visit to BOB (our equipment storage trailer). We have set June 2nd for a BOB Party to inspect and organize the bulk of required F.D. gear in storage. BOB is located at the Nashua Wastewater Treatment Plant. The Plant is located at 2 Sawmill Rd, in south Nashua and BOB is parked in a rear corner of the facility. Let’s hope for good weather.

We will meet at the entrance to the Plant at 9:30 AM. I expect the tasks will take around 3 hours. Coffee and water will be provided. We do have a small crew ready; but 2 to 3 more volunteers would be a big help.

Here is a list of tasks we need to get done.

1. Stock new carrier tubs with equipment needed for each tower. Review inventory in current tubs and list new/other items needed to buy.
      • Group other general accessory items/equipment into tubs and organize for easy pickup on Friday before Field Day
    2. Identify tower sections we will use; label them and place to trailer rear for easy loading on June 23.
      • Do same for antennas, hardware, any remaining coax, etc.
    3. Checkup of large generator; Test fire-up. This is our backup for the Honda generators.
    4. Do a general cleanup and haul off unwanted items for trash or sale?

THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS! Please let me ([email protected]) or Dave Merchant ([email protected]) know if you can help. I can email a directions map to the Plant if you need one.

Dave Michaels (N1RF)

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Count me in Dave. Thank you!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Jamey Finchum
    Jamey Finchum
    Participant

I’ll be there!

Jamey (AC1DC)

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

as will i Dave

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Dave Michaels
    Dave Michaels
    Participant

Thanks Fred, Jamey and Matt, I appreciate your help and fast response.  I’m sure we can get a few more volunteers to help and run through the task list in quick time.

Dave N1RF

Mike Ryan
    Mike Ryan
    Participant

I plan to be at BOB also.

- Mike (K1WVO)
    Nashua Area Radio Club

k1wvo@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Dave Michaels
    Dave Michaels
    Participant

Thank you Mike, much appreciate the help.

Everyone:  I have bought 6- 19 gallon tubs that should work for packing items.  I’ll bring along a general tool kit, and Workmate.  Anything else you can think of needing?

Also, I’ll get a box of Joe and donuts from DunknDonuts  as weak as a 12 pack of water.

Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: