Upcoming Events for July

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone,

I hope that everyone who was part of our Field Day exercise this past weekend had a great time! Anita and I certainly did. We have a preliminary view of our Field Day score and we will share it during our upcoming club meeting on July 5th (hint: there are some nice surprises in our score this year).

In addition to the Field Day recap at our July 5th meeting, Skip K1NKR will be sharing a program that he has been working on with the Girl Scouts and Amatuer Radio. Our next Tech Night will be held on Tuesday, July 12th and will be about Directional Antennas – how they work, how to design one from scratch and how to install them. Also, the 13 Colonies Special Event begins this Friday and goes on until next Wednesday, July 6th. Several club members will be operating along with Anita and I as K2K New Hampshire.

We also have our first National Parks On The Air (NPOTA) activation coming up on Sunday July 10th at Saint-Gaudens NHS in NH. We will be talking about that and looking to sign up folks to join us for our NPOTA activation during our meeting on July 5th.

Given all of the activities going on between now and mid-July, we are planning to publish our July Club Newsletter towards the middle of the month. It would be great if folks could write some articles in the Blog section of our website about what you are doing in HAM radio or about your experiences with Field Day, NPOTA, 13 Colonies or other on-air events. Perhaps you have an interesting project that you are working on or have recently completed that others in our club might be interested in. Just take a few pictures and write a short article on our Blog so that others can enjoy reading about and learn from what you have done. If you need help is authoring an article on our Blog, check out the article in our Help Forum or reach out to Anita or I and we’ll help you get started – its easy.

Finally, a special thanks to everyone who was part of our Field Day this year. There are many great memories from the time that we all spent together. Don’t forget to check out the picture and video at the our Dropbox Link.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: