Tech Night Success!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamey Finchum
    Jamey Finchum
    Participant

I wanted to post here about our most recent tech night where we build QRP Pixie kits for cw. My kids, Connor (KC1GGX) and Abby (KC1FFX), both ordered a kit and were really looking forward to putting them together and seeing if they would work! Connor really enjoys electronics and had done some soldering in school and Abby had never soldered before. When we arrived the kits were set up at different stations around the room and we found a place for the three of us to sit and get to work. The kids sorted out all of the parts and with much help from Bill (W1TWO) and Charlie we were on our way. The kids really had a blast! They learned a lot about soldering from our very experienced members who were very patient and helpful.

I think they were the last two to finish their kits, but they did finish and both kits worked. On the ride home Connor said to me, “dad, I’m glad it worked. I’m not sure when I’ll use it but it was a lot of fun putting it together!” They are both now looking for more soldering projects to do.

Thank you to Brian S. for putting this together and for everyone else for helping out. I hope the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids!

Jamey (AC1DC)

Attachments:
    Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Congratulations to Abby and Connor on completing their PXIE Kits and getting them working!

And a very special thanks to Brian S. for putting together one of best Tech Nights yet!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: