SOTA/POTA Activation – Mt. Kearsarge

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum SOTA/POTA Activation – Mt. Kearsarge

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamey Finchum
    Jamey Finchum
    Participant

I know it’s a little last minute, but I would like to do a SOTA/POTA activation this Saturday, July 15 at Rollins State Park/Mt. Kearsarge in Warner, NH. It’s about an hour drive from Nashua.

This would be along the same lines as our previous SOTA/POTA activation at Mt. Pack Monadnock. There is an auto road that ends a 1/2 mile hike from the summit. People that would like to work POTA and prefer not to hike could work portable or mobile from the picnic area – there are picnic tables. Those who would like to do a SOTA activation can hike the 1/2 mile to the summit.

An added bonus, again, is the CQ WW VHF contest will be taking place starting at 2 pm on Saturday.

Please post here if you’re interested in attending. I’m planning on being there around 10 am. People can come and meet at the same time or come and go as your schedule permits. I will be bringing a grill and am happy to share if you have burgers, dogs or whatever you would like to throw on the grill!

We’ll be announcing at the club meeting as well along with another activation coming up in August for Mt. Washington!

Jamey KC1ENX

Jamey (AC1DC)

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Hi Jamey,

I still have limited mobility but would be interested in attending if there is not too much walking involved.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: