Rufzxp Morse Callsign Trainer

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums CW and QRP Forum Rufzxp Morse Callsign Trainer

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Layne AE1N Layne AE1N 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Layne AE1N
    Layne AE1N

So now you’re getting pretty confident in your Morse code proficiency and you have actually made some initial QSOs. Now you are interested in the mixing it up with the CW boys (and gals) in a contest.

These days all modern transceivers have computer interfaces for automatic logging and so on. For this last Field Day, Nashua ARC used the N1MM+ logging software.

For high success in the ability to quickly enter call-signs, the best program I’ve found in the Rufzxp Morse Call-sign trainer written by Mathias Kolpe, DL4MM and Alessandro Vitiello, IV3XYM. In fact I rate it a solid “A”.

“<b>Rufz</b>” is the abbreviation of the German word “Rufzeichen-Hören”, which means “Listening to Callsigns”. RufzXP is an excellent training software for improving code speed and CW practice, particularly (ultra) high speed memory copying of true amateur radio calls. Focusing on improvement of CW proficiency, it is no contest simulator and does not provide for QRM.

RufzXP is a “must” for every serious high speed telegraphy operator and is an official competition of IARU High Speed Telegraphy Championships.

The appendix “<b>XP</b>” indicates that this completely new version takes advantage of latest software technology and runs with MS Windows 8 and 7 (and additional XP, VISTA, 2000, NT, ME, 98). I find it works fine in Windows 10 also.

You can download the program from their homepage:

Here a some excellent videos to get you started!

Start practicing because for your proficiency and to help Nashua ARC get even bigger scores in the next contest!

Layne AE1N

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: