N1FD/M Mobile in the NEQP

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Wayne Wagner, Jamey Finchum and I are planning to activate our Club callsign, N1FD, for the New England QSO Party this weekend. We will be operating mobile using SSB phone and perhaps CW mode. We are planning to activate a number of Counties in NH, VT and MA over the course of Saturday evening and Sunday. We may also do 1 – 2 National Parks activations as well.

We are planning to take turns operating, driving and doing navigating/contest strategy. We have the operation on Saturday covered but we are still looking for someone who wants to be part of our operation on Sunday. This will be a great opportunity for a newer operator to learn about contesting, running pileups, operating mobile, etc. or for someone who is more experienced at contesting to have some fun “running the pileups”.

We will be operating from an F-150 Pickup truck. The cab is large and there is plenty of room to be comfortable. The mobile setup has an Icom 7000 Transceiver, a large screwdriver antenna and a 500w mobile HF amplifier. We will be QRV on 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m prorations conditions permitting. We will have a contest setup with N1MM+ running on a laptop connected to the radio in the truck. You can see some pictures of the setup here.

If our recent trial NPOTA activation as N1FD/M is any indication, we are going to have a lot of fun!

If you are available on Sunday and are interested, please reply here or send me a message via email and I can share more of the details.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: