N1FD Results for ARRL Rookie Roundup RTTY

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum N1FD Results for ARRL Rookie Roundup RTTY

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anita Kemmerer
    Anita Kemmerer
    Keymaster

The ARRL Rookie Roundup RTTY Contest just ended. We entered in the multi-op category using our club’s N1FD call sign. Abby KC1FFX and Jamey KC1ENX  Finchum were our operators. They made a total of 77 QSOs and worked 33 states/prov. as multipliers for a total claimed score 3,036!

We also added 13 new states using digital modes to N1FD’s Worked All States digital count. We are now at a total of 39/50 states worked using digital modes.

The contest produce a few interesting contacts. Ed, K2TE worked us on 40m RTTY and we also worked some nice DX including QSOs with Japan, Mexico, the UK, Italy, and Slovakia.

If we place N1FD well again in the multi-op category as we did with in the Rookie Roundup SSB contest, we will only have to do this one more time later this year in the ARRL Rookie Roundup CW Contest to make it a sweep for N1FD!

Congratulations to our team on a FB job in the contest!

- Anita (AB1QB)
    Activities Chairperson, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1qb@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Attachments:
    Ed Deichler
    Ed Deichler
    Participant

Glad to work the club! I got out of sync when I saw the call K2RET after I had called then saw K2TE. Abby kept asking for year licensed so I scrambled to change my macro, hi. Have not been on RTTY for a while so kinda rusty, hi.

FB job to all. (Will QRS for you during the CW Rookie Roundup.)

73 de TE

- Ed (K2TE)
    President Emeritus, Nashua Area Radio Club

k2te@juno.com

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Updated our N1FD logs today from LoTW. We received 11 new state confirmations in the RTTY mode, one new DXCC confirmation, and a new zone confirmation (Zone 33). These new QSLs were all a result of the great work in the ARRL Rookie Roundup my Abby and Jamey this weekend.

At this point, N1FD just needs to work 11 more states in digital modes to earn our ARRL Worked All States Triple Play Award (all 50 states confirmed in SSB, CW and Digital modes).

The states which we still need in RTTY or some other digital mode are – DE, HI, IA, LA, ME, ND, RI, UT, and WY. We also need to confirm 9 others which we have worked.

All club members whose QTH is in NH can help us with this by using the N1FD callsign if you work one of these states using a digital mode. For the confirmation to be counted, you would need to send me an .adi file with the details of the contact via email. I will then upload the contact as N1FD to LoTW and we’ll try to confirm.

Congratulations and thanks to Abby and Jamey for helping us take a big step closer to our WAS Triple Play!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: