Mount Ascutney Information & SOTA/POTA Suggestions

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum Mount Ascutney Information & SOTA/POTA Suggestions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Jamey Finchum Jamey Finchum 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jamey Finchum
    Jamey Finchum
    Participant

I am looking for a little help from those of you familiar with Mount Ascutney in Vermont. I am looking for some peaks for SOTA/POTA activations this summer and I am trying to select peaks that are inclusive to as many club members as possible. My question about Mount Ascutney is would the parking area towards the top of the mountain be suitable for a SOTA/POTA activation? The parking area is on the south side of the summit and looks like it would be suitable to the west. To the south it looks like there is another small peak with the WVPR station.

The summit is a little less than a mile hike from the parking area, so members have the option of hiking from the bottom, about a 1 mile hike or driving up to the parking lot and activating there if they don’t want or can’t hike.

If you have any knowledge of Mount Ascutney please let me know what your thoughts are or if you have any suggestions for other mountains let me know. Again, I would like to appeal to as many members as possible, so the more options for getting to the peak the better.

Thank you and 73,

Jamey (AC1DC)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: