K1YPP bicycle mobile from Oregon to New England

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum K1YPP bicycle mobile from Oregon to New England

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bill NJ1H 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Bill NJ1H
    Participant

Dennis, K1YPP, has spoken to the club in the past about his ham radio mobile motorcycle trip to Alaska from New Hampshire. I believe he used to be a member of the club also. This new trip is via bicycle! He used to live in New Hampshire and moved to Florida in 2003. Check out his QRZ page. He is quite the adventurer. Perhaps we can welcome him to New Hampshire when he arrives. Below is how I found out about his trip.

73, NJ1H

I saw the following posted on the [email protected] Group list:

Sat Aug 6, 2016 9:44 pm (PDT) . Posted by: Bill, N7EU, [email protected]

Sometimes you run into a very interesting QSO/people on the bands.

Just worked Dennis K1YPP bicycle mobile in Montana. He was on 40 meters PSK31 running 5 watts, battery power, end fed wire from his campsite.

If you want to encourage Dennis along find him at night on 40 meters PSK31. He has a website about his bicycle trip too.

http://xcbiketrip.com

He had a very good signal into Oregon tonight from outside Missoula. He says he has 70 more days to go before getting home.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: