IARU Certificate for Operating Achievement

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum IARU Certificate for Operating Achievement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Layne AE1N Layne AE1N 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tom Mahon
    Participant

Well, This was certainly a very pleasant surprise! Today’s mail brought me an envelope from ARRL. I opened it up and to my genuine surprise and astonishment was a Certificate of Operating Achievement in the 2016 IARU HF World Championship.

Last July, I operated as AB1NS/P from Becket, MA. I have been participating in this contest for the last 3 or 4 years. I was using my Kenwood 140s into a G5RV, barefoot. Not only that, but I had to use my hand mike because my young pup chewed up my Dual Traveler wires. All in all I scored 7,260 points and was declared the Section Winner for Single Operator, Phone Only, Low Power, Western Massachusetts Section!

I had never given ANY thought that I might win anything (didn’t even realize that they gave an award for this) as I was operating rather casually.

After what I’ve been through the last three weeks physically, this was a real boost.

Tom
    AB1NS

Attachments:
    Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Congratulations Tom! A very nice certificate!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Tom Mahon
    Participant

Thanks, Fred. In addition, got my DXCC (#62,671) on 2/1/17 and my CQ WPX (#4008) on 4/11/17. I think I am 5 states short for WAS.

Layne AE1N
    Layne AE1N
    Participant

You’re off to a great start TOM … CONGRATS!

Layne AE1N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: