Helping Another Ham After Field Day….

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums General Information Forum Helping Another Ham After Field Day….

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Matt Sapienza Matt Sapienza 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Marandos
    Dennis Marandos
    Participant

During the 2017 Field Days activities in Hollis, there was one fellow who saddled along my table and said that he wanted to get “back in to radio.” The reminiscing of old times was fresh on his mind and we talked about previous radios we used and how new radios have changed in the last 15 years. His name was Bill Taylor AA1S and lives in Hollis, NH and he was a great fellow to chat with. In our conversation, I mentioned that I would love to help him get back onto the air and if he needed me…to just call. Bill and I made contact several weeks later and Bill was interested in having an antenna placed between some very high trees in his yard to get his station up and running. The terrain was a bit rocky, I did fall once and scraped my elbow, but managed to get a head start on fulfilling Bill’s dream of getting on the air. I brought along my antenna launcher and sent a “torpedo” over a couple of trees with careful aim. We succeeded in placing lines into some pretty tall trees and when I left Bill’s QTH, he was well underway to finishing the job of GETTING ON THE AIR. The brotherhood of amateur radio shows up in many different ways and I was certainly happy to give Bill a hand. Good going Bill!

- Dennis (K1LGQ)
    President Emeritus, Nashua Area Radio Club

k1lgqdennis@charter.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

that was very nice of you Dennis you may just be the guy I’m looking for?? i plan to put up a bow tie a modified g5rv I’ve yet to add 2 more 51 ft sections to attach to my 30ft tower not the one i wanted to attach it to as its not up yet!!! and a may only get the base pad poured for the 40 foot 1 . i can climb the tower but as far as best directions to put the 51ft legs of the both sides of the g5rv with a 6ft piece of pvc between both ends to complete the bow tie??? and another 20-25 feet of pvc above the 6ft spacing so its up 30 ft above the ground . i will see you at Sept meeting,any advise or once i have everything as i still need to purchase wire and pvc at home cheapo.maybe you could take a look and let me know what you think would be best direction to put it??? i basically can’t direct it towards the front of driveway as i have another g5rvset up that direction. so it will have to be towards my back yard. thanks matt n1zgn 603-400-4445

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: