Getting Started With Amateur Radio Satellites

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums General Information Forum Getting Started With Amateur Radio Satellites

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Burns FISHER Burns FISHER 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Burns FISHER
    Burns FISHER
    Participant

Hi Everyone.  A number of people asked me after my talk on Tuesday what was the best source of info on getting started in satellites.  There was such a pile-up that I did not get a chance to explain my answer fully.  A truly excellent source of information is the book/pamphlet “Getting Started with Amateur Radio Satellites” by Gould Smith, WA4SXM.  This book is generally available on the AMSAT store (store.amsat.org) and also at many hamfests where AMSAT has a presence.  This book is updated with the latest satellites every year, with the goal being to have them available for Hamvention in Dayton.  For this reason, the “production run”  quantity is intended to allow the old version to run out just before the next year’s version is ready.  That is the case today; you will not find that book on the AMSAT store, but you should find it a few weeks after Hamvention.

This is also true with the frequency guides that I showed with my slides.  The latest will be available at Hamvention and soon thereafter on the AMSAT store.

Burns W2BFJ

Burns Fisher, WB1FJ

Attachments:
    Burns FISHER
    Burns FISHER
    Participant

I have one of these books available now if someone wants to have a look-see.  I plan to donate it as a book for license class members to choose from next time.

Burns Fisher, WB1FJ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: