Fox Spotted in Nashua!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamey Finchum
    Jamey Finchum
    Participant

The foxes are being released this weekend in Nashua! The Nashua Area Radio Society will release two foxes this weekend in the Nashua area.

To find both foxes you will have to first find the long-range fox on 146.565 MHz (third harmonic – 439.695 MHz). Once you have found the long-range fox you should be able to hear the shorter (smaller) fox on 146.535 MHz (third harmonic – 439.605 MHz). There will be a small log book and pencil with each fox so that the hounds (that’s you!) can sign their call sign to take credit for the find! Please also post here after you find the fox(es).

The foxes will be available from dawn to dusk on Saturday, December 2nd and Sunday, December 3rd. They will be hidden in an area that is easily accessible.  You will not have to go bushwhacking through the woods. They will be hidden in a wooded area but only a few steps off a trail.

I will be leaving my Elk Antenna at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (where the Extra Licensing Class will be taking place) on Saturday and Sunday if anyone would like to use it.

If you are out and need a quick hint feel free to give me a call on my cell.

Good luck with the hunt!

Jamey (AC1DC)

Attachments:
    Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Hi Jamey,

How about we place a sheet and pen in a zip-lock bag with each fox so that folks who find the foxes can leave their names and call signs? That way, we can post the list of successful Fox Hunters here after the hunt is over? Tally-ho!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: