CW Practice List

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Struzik
    Michael Struzik
    Participant

This is my first posting of a topic so hopefully I did it properly!

I am interested in practicing my CW skills with other club members that are either learning CW or experienced operators willing to be patient with my mistakes etc.

I don’t know who took the CW class because I missed it myself.  I am not sure that I will always be able to join the CW net or be able to use the chosen frequency.

What I am thinking is if you are interested in CW practice as I am.  Reply with your e-mail address to this posting and you will be “on the list”.

If I am available to make QSOs I will send out an e-mail to all that replied with the frequency that I am calling CQ or listening to.

If you are available to make QSOs then you can send your info out on “the list”.

I would think that in the future a more real time automated web based system could be implemented.  Until then maybe e-mail could get us started?

My email is [email protected] and 40m is my band of choice.

Thanks and 73,

Mike Struzik AB1YK

AB1YK

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

Our club already has a CW practice net. It meetings on Monday and Thursday evening at 8 pm. Check out our club calendar for details.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Michael Struzik
    Michael Struzik
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Fred,

I think you missed the part when I said  “I am not sure that I will always be able to join the CW net or be able to use the chosen frequency.”

I live west of the Pac Monadnock – Temple mountain range so the only way to reach you will be NVIS @ 40m or lower frequencies or voice through the N1IMO repeater system http://www.n1imo-n1imn.us/
    I would like to see if I can even hear you on 20m but I am not expecting to be able to.  If you go to 10m then I almost know that I will not be able to join the net.

AB1YK

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying Mike. I understand your concern. Lets give 20m a try and if we can’t do it, lets try 40m as well. If that does not work, we can also try  80m if you have that band. Would you like to get together and run some experiments together. I could do this before the net this evening sometime if that works for you. Let me know what’s best.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: