Control Operator

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamey Finchum
    Jamey Finchum
    Participant

I should probably know the answer to this question, but am not really sure…

My daughter, Abby (KC1FFX), and I are in the car each Friday morning on the radio and for the past two weeks we have heard a VK2 station (Australia) on the air on 40 meters. Last week they were in the general section of the band plan, but this morning they were in the extra section.  As many of you know, Abby is my secret weapon on pile ups – she can get through in ridiculously big pile ups with her high pitched YL voice where I can call until I’m blue in the face with no luck!

With the station in the extra section of the band this morning I could have Abby call using my call sign, but the question is could she call using my call sign and then ask to be logged using her call sign to get credit for the VK station? Or is there another way for her or me to call and still get her credit?  I guess it could be more motivation for her to study hard for the extra class!

Jamey (KC1ENX) and Abby (KC1FFX)

Jamey (AC1DC)

Attachments:
    Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Hi Jamey,

Unfortunately, the only way that Abby can operate legally with in the extra section of the band is to use your callsign while you are the control operator. This will result in you getting credit for DX but unfortunately, ABby will not.

Work on that Extra Abby!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: