Comments Please – Format for New Club Badges

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums General Information Forum Comments Please – Format for New Club Badges

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

We have been working on a possible format for our new club member badges. The format show is based upon personal badges which we got from TheSignMan recently.

Our new badges would look like this –

A rough estimate for the cost of these badges would be $11.50 for those with a pin on the back and $14.25 for a version with a magnetic strip on the back for attachment. There with also be a charge for S&H.

There are quite a few different formats and colors available. You can see some more here. There are some additional ones which you can also view here. The ones that we have (basis for the prototype) are 3 1/4″ X 2″. I believe that larger ones or special formatting may increase the costs some. We were thinking that the white background might look the best with our club logo but please let us know if you see something that you think would work out better.

Please give us your thoughts on the new badge format and any alternative from the links above. It would be great if we could get this worked out in the next week or two. We will probably try to do a large initial order on behalf of all members who want a new badge to try to save on S&H.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Jim Lajoie
    Participant

I think they look great.the white background allows the club logo to ‘pop’ anything to dark and the logo wouldn’t really be as visible.

Jim Lajoie K1BRM

Mike Ryan
    Mike Ryan
    Participant

Fred,

The format looks good to me… I assume that the callsign area will accommodate 6 character callsigns with a slightly smaller font.

The logo and white background color look fine to me.

- Mike (K1WVO)
    Nashua Area Radio Club

k1wvo@arrl.net

KU1V
    Participant

To me the most important issue in the design of badges is to put the clip or magnet near the top of badge.  Frequently the pins or magnet are placed in the center thus allowing the badge to fall forward at an angle making it difficult to see.

Just my 2 cents.  73  Mike KU1V

Bernard Biron
    Participant

Looks Great!!!

Tom Mahon
    Participant

Check the number of magnets on the magmount. Most only use 2 and they do not support a badge of this size, let alone a smaller one. I converted my current club badge to a 3 magnet strip from the pin and it holds must better. TOTALLY agree with comments on placement of pin/magnet to prevent drooping. Otherwise, we’re better off with paper “slap on” badges that can be read.

Tom
    AB1NS

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Thanks everyone for the comments. We a pair of these badges with the magnets and they work great. The attachments (magnets or pin) are near the top of the badges. We have the version with the magnet and they hold very well. We’ll proceed with a version with a white background.

Thanks again and 73,

- Fred (AB1OC)

ab1oc@arrl.net

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

I agree with most everything that’s been said so far. The only exception is adding the position one holds in the club. The problem there is that when the person leaves that position they have to buy a new badge.

- Fred (AB1OC)

ab1oc@arrl.net

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: