Coax crimping fail

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I hope this note finds people well fed with BBQ or relaxation with the official close of Summer. I fought valiantly all weekend to string up my Buckmaster OCF 7-band dipole, and finally succeeded today, only to be thwarted by not crimping my LMR-400 properly.

I had went to HRO this weekend and bought some connectors (UHF-03T-TSS), but I think I have the wrong size die in the crimper. Additionally, I just don’t think I’m doing it correctly. Though tomorrow is a big day for the club, would anyone have the correct size crimper and/or die and be able to give me a 5 minute tutorial on how to do it properly?

Thanks

Brian (AB1ZO)

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

We can help you with this after our meeting tomorrow. It may be that the connectors that you have are not correct as well. Please bring your tools, connectors and a piece of coax with one of the connectors attached which did not work out along this evening and we’ll see if we can help you to figure out what went wrong. If you bring the run of coax that you want to install connectors on, we can take care of the installation after the meeting.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: