Buy a kit, make someone happy!

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums Homebrew Forum Buy a kit, make someone happy!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brian Smigielski Brian Smigielski 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I wanted to remind everyone that Xmas Eve is fast approaching, and until then, the Feb tech night kits (DSO138 Oscilloscope) will be going for $26. After that, it’ll be $28. (This is b/c the original seller also has a discount in the same timeline). It does come with an acrylic case as well, for added protection.

Currently, we have sold 5. I’d really like to get that number to 20. I’d really like you all to please join us on Feb 14 for our 2nd kit building night. All you need to do is bring your soldering station with you and we take care of the rest. It’s an excellent excuse to solder, socialize, and have a dedicated amount of time blocked off to work on a project you might not otherwise have time for.

I don’t know if price has made you hesitate currently. It is 3 dB more than last time. But, if it has, I would argue you should consider the increased functionality of this kit over the last. I think one might get more play time out of this as well. And besides, we are also trying to begin to raise the level of complexity to see how you HAMs out there will fair ūüėČ This is kinda what we do! Last time, we had experience HAMs mentoring younger ones, and as far as I am concerned, that’s what it’s all about.

So, given that’s it’s the Xmas season, buy a kit for you or for a younger family member interested in electronics and watch their little eyes light up when they start seeing waveforms on the screen.

Happy holidays to all!

–Brian

Scott Andersen
    Scott Andersen
    Participant

Melting solder! To find the page with ordering information, go to OUR ACTIVITIES and select TECH NIGHT. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see details about the kit, and PayPal ordering information. Don’t have PayPal? No ¬†worries. You can use a regular credit card, too.

I’ve been swamped with work, but this sound like too much fun to pass up. See you there!

— Scott (NE1RD)

- Scott NE1RD

Folks who have bought or are interested in the kit build read on:

We want to make sure everyone has enough time to complete and test their product. I’ve received some great suggestions from some Elmers about how to supplement the build and because of this a question has arose if we want to:

1. Continue to have the build on Feb 14
    2. Have it that following Saturday morning (Feb 18) for a longer time slot

Please let me know your input ASAP, and if it turns out folks are indifferent either way, then I’ll select a time.

Thanks,

Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: