ARRL Kids Day on the Air

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums Youth Forum ARRL Kids Day on the Air

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Abby
    Abby
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

This Saturday, January 6th is the ARRL’s Kids Day on the Air. This is the event that got me interested in Amateur Radio before I was licensed. Each year Fred (AB1OC) and Anita (AB1QB) host this event at their QTH. The event will run from 1-7 pm this Saturday and people are welcome to come at any time and stay for as long or short as they like. If you know of any youth that might be interested please bring them with you. You will be able to get on the air and my brother, Connor KC1GGX will be showing off his raspberry pi Alexa project. Very cool!

If you have any questions just post here. I hope I will see you there!

Abby AB1By

Abby (AB1BY)

Anita Kemmerer
    Anita Kemmerer
    Keymaster

People interested in joining us for Kids Day can find logistical information on the Club Calendar.

Kids will be able to make contacts over HF or using Satellites.

- Anita (AB1QB)
    Activities Chairperson, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1qb@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

We will have our portable satellite station up as well. It looks like one of the best days for satellite ops in awhile with many high angle passes. Check out the attached PDF for details.

Kids-Day-Satellite-Passes

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: