AO-92 Pictures

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Burns FISHER Burns FISHER 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Burns FISHER
    Burns FISHER
    Participant

In the article on Fox-1D, AO-92, I mentioned that this satellite has a QVGA resolution camera aboard.  Here are a couple pictures from it.  The picture that is mostly clouds  is north up (approx) with Bermuda on the right and Florida on the left.

The picture with mostly land is, to me, the most impressive.  Although it was originally south-up, I inverted it so what you see is approximately north-up.  The big water feature is the Gulf of Mexico with the Florida panhandle to the north and the main part of Florida to the east.  You can see the Suwanee River clearly toward the east, and Alligator point on the north-western side of the picture.  Again, all the pictures are available at the URL below, and a sched will be set up after commissioning for when the camera will be on (the repeater function is off when the camera is on–it takes the full bandwidth of the downlink to send pictures down)

Burns Fisher, WB1FJ

Attachments:
    Burns FISHER
    Burns FISHER
    Participant

Oh, I forgot to mention that the little line/knob on the top of 1 picture and the bottom of the other is the end of the receive antenna with a bit of melted fishing line tied to it.  The fishing line holds in against the satellite during launch and is melted after the bird is released in orbit.

Burns Fisher, WB1FJ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: