Ameritron AL-80A Possible Tube Problem

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums Elmering Forum Ameritron AL-80A Possible Tube Problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Carter 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ernest Swersky
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out why my AL-80A (just acquired) won’t tune.  In consultation with the tech person at Ameritron it seems that it MIGHT be a problem with the 3-500zx.  I’m looking for either someone who has a tube tester that can test the tube OR someone who has a spare 3-500zx that I can try in the amp.  Here’s my guarantee:  If your spare 3-500zx fixes my problem I’ll either return it to you or buy you a new one of your choice.  If your spare 3-500 is damaged I’ll buy you a new one of your choice.  I just don’t want to buy a new tube without knowing whether it’s the problem.

Ernie KC1GIR

Richard Carter
    Participant

I have a tube tester that may handle 3500z tubes.

Ernest Swersky
    Participant

Where is your qth and when would be a convenient time to get together?

Ernie 603 882 6049

Ernest Swersky
    Participant

Where is your qth and when would be a convenient time to get together? Ernie 603 882 6049

That should be 603 882 6949

Ernie

Richard Carter
    Participant

I have a tube tester and spare 3-500Z tube.  Please contact me if you still need help.  I can be reached via my ARRL email address.

Richard Carter
    Participant

I suppose it would be easier to contact me if I provided my email address.  <mycall>@arrl.net

KE1EV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: