2017 ARRL Rookie Roundup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Fred Kemmerer Fred Kemmerer 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anita Kemmerer
    Anita Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Aron, W1AKI,  Abby, KC1FFX and her dad Jamey, KC1ENX operated in the ARRL Rookie Roundup on Sunday, April 16 as a Multi Op Entry from the AB1OC/AB1QB QTH.  They had a constant stream of callers throughout the 6-hour contest and made a total of 273 QSOs and earned a score or 15,437.   Final results will be available after 23:59 UTC on April 19.

- Anita (AB1QB)
    Activities Chairperson, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1qb@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Attachments:

Dave Villineau
    Participant

Wow!  Congratulations to Aron, Abby, and Jeremy – it sounds like they were pretty busy.  I wish I could have joined you in operating N1FD but I had family commitments that I couldn’t free myself from.

I did hear Aron on the air and he sounded great.  I tried to work him on 20M before I stepped out but he wasn’t able to hear me due to being too close.

Anyway, great job everyone.

Dave, W1WAH

Dave Villineau, W1WAH

Aron Insinga
    Aron Insinga
    Participant

Thanks, Dave! It was a lot of fun! The pile-ups weren’t too bad, and people were very patient. We found a rookie in Alaska and she seemed at least as excited to get NH as I was to get Alaska. I got a generous handful of calls from hams who got their licenses back in in the 1950s. I got a DX contact from someone in the Caribbean who got their first license a while back in the UK.

Thanks also to AB1QB and AB1OC for the use of their station and for their guidance! We were all limited to 100W, but I could really hear the Alaska station come up loud and clear as I swung the 4 over 4 SteppIRs around to the right heading. I also got great signals from a few mobile stations and a few QRP stations.

The upcoming CW and RTTY Rookie Roundups are great incentive to work on my code and try out digital modes.

- Aron, W1AKI

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Great Job Aron, Abby and Jamey! Another super run in the ARRL Rookie Roundup! Thank you for making the time to do it.

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: