Anita Kemmerer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 10m Chat Net is Back! #79321
    Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
    Keymaster

      This is great news!  Thanks, Peter!!

       

      73,

      Anita, AB1QB

      in reply to: HAB Launch on Sunday June 9th #73967
      Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
      Keymaster

        Warren,

        The predicted landing site has been varying but the current prediction is near Marlboro.  If you want to help with the recovery, the best way would be to contact Jamey Finchum, AC1DC (email: [email protected])  He will be driving the recovery vehicle and will be monitoring the HAB location over APRS.  If you contact him, you can meet up with him when he heads to the recovery site.

         

        73,

        Anita, AB1QB

        in reply to: HAB-4 – New Launch Windows #71783
        Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
        Keymaster

          I had hoped that by waiting to this morning, we might find a break in the weather for tomorrow but this is not to be. The path predictions support a launch tomorrow but the weather does not. We’ll target the next Launch window which is Sunday, May 5th. Have a great Easter!

          • Sunday, May 5
          • Saturday, May 11
          • Saturday, May 25 or Sunday, May 26
          • Saturday, June 1 or Sunday, June 2
          • Saturday, June 8 or Sunday, June 9

           

           

          in reply to: HAB-4 Predictions for April 6-7 Launch Window #71438
          Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
          Keymaster

            Warren,

            There will be no launch this weekend.  The predicted landing places for the HAB we well off the coast for both today and Sunday.

             

            Thanks and 73,

            Anita, AB1QB

            in reply to: HAB-4 Predictions for April 6-7 Launch Window #71131
            Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
            Keymaster
              The path predictions for this coming weekend have become fairly stable but they, unfortunately, do not support a launch for this weekend. We will begin looking at our next launch window on Monday of next week:
              Saturday and Sunday – April 13th and 14th
              Here are today’s path predictions for this coming weekend:

              [caption id="attachment_71129" align="aligncenter" width="800"]HAB Flight Path Prediction - Saturday April 6th HAB Flight Path Prediction – Saturday April 6th[/caption]

               

              [caption id="attachment_71130" align="aligncenter" width="300"]HAB Flight Path Prediction - Sunday April 7th HAB Flight Path Prediction – Sunday April 7th[/caption]

              in reply to: HAB-4 Predictions for April 6-7 Launch Window #71101
              Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
              Keymaster

                Update Wednesday, April 3: Unfortunately, we don’t have conditions at this point in time that will support launching our HAB this weekend. The path predictions are still changing significantly from day to day so we’re not ready to rule out a launch for Saturday or Sunday yet. We’ll take one more look at the predictions late in the day tomorrow and we’ll make a final decision then. Look for another update tomorrow evening. The current path predictions and weather follow:

                [caption id="attachment_71098" align="aligncenter" width="800"]HAB Flight Path Prediction - Saturday April 6th HAB Flight Path Prediction – Saturday, April 6th[/caption]

                 

                [caption id="attachment_71099" align="aligncenter" width="800"]HAB Flight Path Prediction - Sunday April 7th HAB Flight Path Prediction – Sunday, April 7th[/caption]

                 

                [caption id="attachment_71100" align="aligncenter" width="426"]Weather Weather[/caption]

                in reply to: Winter Field Day Results #70351
                Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
                Keymaster

                  Jamey,

                  I only looked at the Outdoor Category but I agree that we were 2nd in Outdoor and 1st in 4O.  I also saw that the #1 outdoor team was from  California.  Too bad they don’t have a multiplier based on how low the outdoor temperature is!

                  73,

                  Anita, AB1QB

                  in reply to: 2019 Winter Field Day Final Score #66832
                  Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
                  Keymaster

                    We’ve also updated our Field Day and Photo Gallery Pages to include content and results from our 2019 Winter Field Day Operation. Check it out!

                    in reply to: Weekly Repeater Net – November 11, 2018 #63333
                    Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
                    Keymaster

                      See our Amateur Radio Nets page:  https://www.n1fd.org/nets/

                       

                      in reply to: K2K NH QSL #50440
                      Anita KemmererAnita Kemmerer
                      Keymaster

                        We will bring the following cards to Tech night tonight:

                        AB1NS

                        AC1DC

                        K1DLM

                        K1LGQ

                        K1WVO

                        KC1DXL

                        WK1V

                        KC1RLS

                        KC1RMS

                        W1AKI

                      Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 79 total)

                      Radio Amateurs Developing Skills Worldwide