With Ham Radio, We Never Stop Learning

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums General Information Forum With Ham Radio, We Never Stop Learning

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Layne AE1N Layne AE1N 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Layne AE1N
    Layne AE1N
    Participant

Licensed since 1996, Dan, NK0O, of Belton, Missouri, has an excellent take on Ham Radio and how we never stop learning. From his QRZ page:

I enjoy the hobby more now than ever. I know there are many like-minded people out there because I get to talk to them regularly. As it is New Years Day today I feel compelled to take inventory of my thoughts about this .. so here goes:

• There is something in the hobby for everyone.
    • If you like the technicals and fundamentals you can learn to build most anything
    • If your desire is nostalgic then HAM radio has a long and interesting history
    • If you’re a doomsday type, the necessity to communicate without your cell phone is strong
    • If you’re a techie, then there’s alot of room to create new gizmos
    • If you like to talk to people from different cultures, the air is a good place to meet them
    • I could go on, but you get the point 🙂
    • If you like to perform community service there are plenty of oppoprtunities.
    • Every community will eventually require skilled radio operators
    • Public networks do sometimes become useless, good skilled radio operators can get the message thru
    • There is usually an ARES or RACES group close by that you can volunteer for
    • If you long to teach there is a desparate need!
    • The skillset of the HAM is needed and must be forwarded to the next generation
    • Check out the STEM program developed for our schools, it may be a good match for you

Those were mostly good things right? So the learning continues.

source: https://www.qrz.com/lookup

Layne AE1N

Attachments:
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: