Warm Afternoon on Mt. Kearsarge

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum Warm Afternoon on Mt. Kearsarge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Layne AE1N Layne AE1N 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Layne AE1N
    Layne AE1N
    Participant

<h2 class=”art-PostHeader”>Warm Afternoon on Mt. Kearsarge</h2>
    by Jim W1PID – Dave K1SWL and I spent a couple of hours at Winslow State Park at the base of Mt. Kearsarge this afternoon. It was 57F and really beautiful.

A nearby parking area serves as the trail-head for several hiking paths up the mountain. There are a few picnic tables in a small field nearby and we set up there.

Dave wanted to try out a new half wave wire and matching circuit he’d built. So he tossed a wire into a maple tree and pulled up the antenna. He used his KX3. He was already making a QSO on 20 meters as I was setting up.

A few feet away, I pulled up the 3-band LNR end fed wire. I supported it in the middle and used it as an inverted Vee. I had the 3-band MTR by KD1JV powered by 8 AA cells. The output is close to 3 watts. I made a quick contact with Ron K4UY in Alabama and received a 569 report.

As I finished I heard Dave working another station… VO1DD in Hearts Delight, Newfoundland. I called over and Dave gave me the frequency. When Dave signed, I gave the Newfoundland station a call. Doug gave me a 599 and we chatted for a minute. That was super.

FULL STORY AND MORE PICTURES HERE:

http://www.amateurradio.com/warm-afternoon-on-mt-kearsarge/

Layne AE1N

Attachments:
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: