Interested In Joining US Army MARS?

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum Interested In Joining US Army MARS?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Matt Sapienza Matt Sapienza 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

I thought it would be a good idea that I post something about my experience in joining army mars. 1st I like to mention that an applicant once approved is required is a  MARS modified  HF amateur radio should you be technician class operator? you will be authorized to operate on army mars HF frequencies only under your assigned army call sign with a /t after your call sign  and required to pass general class or higher and complete the army mars basic training within a 6 month time frame .mars applicants there is no military requirement that you served in any branch of military to join although some military common experience had you served? maybe helpful? (we don’t follow the military commo procedure yet???)   in some cases, an extension will be granted a the desecration of your assigned Elmer or region one director as i was granted a extension . i had to much on my plate when I joined army mars  as i also joined NH ares and was studying for my extra at same time . i really can’t mention much more on army mars for those that served in the military? should know the acronym opsec? it translates to operational security in other words on a need to know basis . to prevent sensitive materiel getting the wrong hands. so if you are interested?  go to usarmymars.com  select http://usamars.us/support/pages on top of page on the right look for how to join army mars . and look for applications and forms and download selected  AR MARS Form 1 v2.2 Individual and Club.pdf and complete application and send it electronically no application are sent via snail mail. I enjoy being in army mars so if interested? fill out the application and join us who knows? I could be assigned as your Elmer?? Should you have any question’s on anything in this post? Feel free to contact via my cell, email, or by replying here.

73’s from

Matt N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: