CHAT NET – Sunday 8:30 PM on 28.480 Mhz

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum CHAT NET – Sunday 8:30 PM on 28.480 Mhz

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Matt Sapienza Matt Sapienza 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Ryan
    Mike Ryan
    Participant

April 10, 2016 – 8:30 PM on 28.480 Mhz

This schedule change is an experiment in response to several member requests for an earlier start time.  Last weeks Chat Net started the trial period for this earlier start time and the response better than anticipated – given the short notification time.

Please join in if your schedule permits – the net that I try and run is very informal and is designed to encourage participation and hopefully spawn new discussion topics and ideas.

Interested members can also take a turn running the NET and are encouraged to do so.  Some folks have suggested that they want to have a more formal NET.  Your show – you decide.  Volunteers???

- Mike (K1WVO)
    Nashua Area Radio Club

k1wvo@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Fred Kemmerer
    Fred Kemmerer
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

The traffic on our club nets has been picking up since we’ve changed the time to start a little earlier. I’m planning to be on this Sunday. Looking forward to it and thanks for running the net!

- Fred (AB1OC)
    President, Nashua Area Radio Society

ab1oc@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

its starting to catch on as am i.. I’m some what new as a N/C net needs some type of point of topic but still remain some what informal (suggestion’s if any?? make them on the net or contact me via info below a day or 2 before the net and the floor is yours)   and there has been 5 check in’s possibly no less then 3 on the net . since i volunteered to be N/C  i seem to receive everyone better on my g5rv still trying to get my 10 meter directional up and rotating but its on hold till i get tuned for the band 1st then purchase the rotor package and the necessary heavy duty masting or 1. 1/4 steel water pipe to elevate it up 30 feet to the rotor plus mast and antenna i have a good location and at a elevation above 195 feet above sea level . it should work quite well . my vertical seems  to do really well on 10 meters so i know the v quad will do much better once its tuned and rotating i hope to atleast get it tuned 1st for the mid range of the band also i have a 10 meter moxon i love to have set in 1 direction best towards the west any help or suggestions on either antenna?? please contact me @ [email protected] or drop me a call 1-603-948-8950 thanks, Matt . n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: