CHAT NET – April 2016

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Matt Sapienza Matt Sapienza 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Ryan
    Mike Ryan
    Participant

CHAT NET for the whole month of April will start at 8:30 PM local time on 28.480 Mhz. .

This schedule change is an experiment in response to several member requests for an earlier start time.  Last weeks Chat Net started the trial period for this earlier start time and the response better than anticipated – given the short notification time.

Please join in if your schedule permits – the net that I try and run is very informal and is designed to encourage participation and hopefully spawn new discussion topics and ideas.

Interested members can also take a turn running the NET and are encouraged to do so.  Some folks have suggested that they want to have a more formal NET.  Your show – you decide.  Volunteers???

- Mike (K1WVO)
    Nashua Area Radio Club

k1wvo@arrl.net
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Wayne Wagner
    Wayne Wagner
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I kludged together a radio on the fly (station taken apart due to shack space building).  I monitored the net, but could barely hear you relative to the static  to know the how or when to check in.  I was able to hear one other station.

Currently hooked up to my vertical.  Inverted-L is out of commission for a bit, while I redo the station setup.  So, I didn’t have another ant to try out.

Will try again next time.

- Wayne (AG1A)

AG1A@ARRL.NET
    Visit us on the web at - https://www.n1fd.org

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

I think how the 1st forum net on 10 meters was just fine being informal as if? or when any new licensed hams get on frequency its just more relaxing but the key is keep it interesting and moving along as that’s how I will try to when I’m the N/C I thinking of a few topics to possible discuss or leave up too check in’s input or questions that any one on net may answer?? the stupid question as my dad always said!! is the 1 you never  ask!! looking forward to next net ( 17 April 2230 hrs. 28.480 usb) 10 meters is a favorite band of mine so 73’s until then,!!! from matt N1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

mike I was on my vertical at 1st then used g5rv both worked good only 1 plus or minus with incoming signal from vertical to the g5rv mine is in a sloper at a 45% up 35 feet just below the vertical that I used on 10 meters for the past 3 years and worked a lot of DX on the band in 2014/2015 . sorry your vertical did not work for as you said you only heard 1 of us??? I wonder who it was you heard??

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

I’ll as I said give it a go mike this evening if would be relay incase I don’t hear some one?? . I have a few questions before net if you could give me a ring?? 603-948-8950

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

good evening and I contacted are honorary club member N1NH via e mail and extended a invitation to the Sunday evening  10 meter chat net . and he replied that he would and marked his calendar also I personal had a nice QSO with Jim on the net frequency on his Kenwood transceiver on a multiband vertical  . also he personally invited me to accompany him as his guest to concord NH state house to witness a state house session or committee session that I said It would be a honor and privilege to be your guest, and I accept your invitation..  so I look forward to Jim N1NH and all the other’s that may check in 73’s matt n1zgn N/C NARC 10 meter chat net

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: