2meter/10 meter chatnet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Matt Sapienza Matt Sapienza 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

greeting from n1zgn I’m glad to see the clubs 2 meter net is up and running its nice to hear all the check in’s . are 10 meter net on Sunday evenings at 830pm-915pm (2030-2130 hrs) I’d love to hear more stations check in we average about 3 check in’s i would think we would have more check in’s??? if your not sure if your vertical or dipole or directional hf antenna will work??? i have access to a vertical and a 10 meter MFJ moxon that’s rotable . mostly i use my vertical that seems to work well on 10. if you like to schedule a day/time with me to try a QSO with me on 28.480 to test your radio/antenna? feel free to contact me at [email protected] or just give me a call anytime day/night at 603-400-4445. i look forward to hearing from members new and current ones . i will listen for new check in’s . 73’s matt n1zgn 10 meter N/C

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

thanks rick k8ezb for the qso and welcome back to amateur radio and NARC . your alpha delta 6-80 (although i did work in demo video on 160 with 1.3 swr) no tune vertical worked well on 28480 from Nashua NH airport. curious to see how it would perform from your home station?. I’m thinking about purchasing 1 and do some testing at my qth over the fall/winter i will post my results. so here’s some specs on it . this maybe?? something the club should look into?? for future soda/pota activations?
    ProMaster HF antenna
    Built for the harshest military and civilian environments, the Alpha ProMaster is a directional and tuner free 10-80 meter 500 Watt base & transportable antenna. Perfect for ALE (automatic link establishment) and all HF modes including, but not limited to, CW, SSB (USB/LSB), AM, etc.

The 43 foot system is composed of an 18 foot vertical and a 25 foot horizontal element, which are stealthy and provide simultaneous Vertical DX & Horizontal NVIS take-off angles for your radiated signal. Simply install the antenna approximately 5 to 7 feet off the ground on any conductive or non-conductive mast and connect your coax to the SO239 on the Alpha Match. Then the Vertical element will enhance high band DX while the NVIS Element enhances low band NVIS. The included RF Ground wire and stake then complete the circuit at the antenna (Note – Without the ground there would be no return path for current, which means that there would be an open circuit and the system would not work as efficiently).

If you have a suggestion on price or how to improve this product, please send us your feedback by clicking here.

Optional Tripod:
    The optionally available heavy duty steel tripod is designed for at least 2 years of continuous outdoor use, in non-salt water environments. Our two year outdoor test of this tripod revealed that it was still structurally sound, and only showed signs of fading with some surface rust (mainly on/around the screws).

Specifications:
    Frequency Coverage – 80 to 10 meters
    Power – 500W PEP SSB
    Weight – 9 Pounds

Includes:
    – 1 Heavy duty mount and hardware with Alpha Match
    – 1 Self-supporting 6 section telescopic vertical element
    – 5 Stainless steel clamps
    – 1 25 foot NVIS Element
    – 1 8 foot Ground wire & Ground stake

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

correction on the companies name it is alpha antennas thanks rick k8ezb for the e mail correction.

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

My first QSO in more than 50 years took place this morning on 10m with Matt, N1ZGN, from my office /hangar at the Nashua Airport. Everything at my end was new (except me!): Icom 7300 radio, Heil Pro 7 headset/boom mic, Alpha Antennas 80-6m NVIS portable antenna. Matt was patient as I fiddled with the radio and re-learned some operating procedures. I pre-arranged this QSO with Matt as a result of his post recently offering to participate in equipment testing. I am very much impressed with the capabilities of the 7300, and the value it represents in an entry level radio. I am quite interested in SDR technology and decided the 7300 would be the quickest and easiest way to get started. Some don’t consider the 7300 to be an SDR, but with a firmware controlled direct sampling and digital signal processing architecture, I think it clearly fits in this category. It is my intent to try some of the more advanced SDR equipment in the future. The Icom 7610 and Flex 6700 are on my list. However, I am somewhat put off by the numerous reports of software bugs and delays in releasing software for the Flex products. Have decided to wait a bit to see what happens re the release of SSDR2.0.
    My QSO this morning wasn’t quite at the same excitement level as my first ever QSO in 1957, but it was right up there! Thanks, Matt!

Rick
    K8EZB

Rick, K8EZB

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

your welcome rick pleasure was mine and i’m glad to see you have logbook on QRZ up and working should you need help setting up a biography or add pictures on you page? let me know i could meet up at airport sometime and help you with that. look forward to tomorrow 40 meter on 7.185 test .

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

new test with k8ezb on 40 meters this am on the alpha antenna both on medium to high power with a 1.2 to 1 SWR without tuning at 1 point he used internal tuner SWR was the same as without use of tuner . so I’m liking this antenna even more and like to purchase 1 even more now!!! and look forward to visiting him at radio location in Nashua to actually do some operating for myself on his icom 7300 . i will post more at a later date. 73 matt n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: