10 meter chatnet on www.netlogger.org

Nashua Area Radio Society Topics In All Forums On The Air Forum 10 meter chatnet on www.netlogger.org

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Matt Sapienza Matt Sapienza 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

meter chatnet to netlogger i will log into netlogger 20 minutes prior. so that new check ins or current that may? or may not know of it or its use. when i was a tech operator my friend and fellow veteran Dave k1dwe introduced me to at the time was 2 separate net logger programs 1 was o’briens web that the north American traffic and awards net used to be on 2 was netlogger that 2 nets old man international side band society know as omiss both nets are back to back on or around 7.185 every evening starting around 630-7pm and for those late night operators like myself the triple H or HHH net on 7.190 at 0200 hours . so by introducing me to the netlogger programs has helped me as i had a hf station set up so I’d listen and learn the protacal of the net that is you hear a station you can right click on there line 3 and add a N for needed and what i do still is write there call sign and a signal report of what you hear or heard them at during checking in or talking to another station. and when you turn comes up to make usually its 2 calls you call say is me?? (n1zgn) you say phonetically November 1 Zulu golf November last hear you was 55 55 speed limit 55 over over then you listen for them to say i copy the 55 55 speed limit you are a 33 thirty three 33 33 over over you reply i copy the 33 thirty over and a net relay will confirm if its a good call as long as both stations reports are correct? its a good call and you log it on qrz or lotw.and there a aim window so you can see who on the net and even talk or text each other. how ever signal reports are not allowed on aim and aim is monitored i seen it done. that’s what Dave k1dwe helped me with and when i passed my general i already knew how the programs worked and i am quite the regular on most nets so my intent is to share what i learned with those new and some senior members that may or may not have knowledge if such programs .and thats my intent also . i wanted to do a 1 or 2 part tech night on netlogger but i was told they already had a tech night on use of loggers?? possibly nn1m .that’s completely different then 1 i wanted to do . so ok to download netlogger go to http://www.netlogger.org or look up omiss there also a link on there for netlogger. in closing there was some concern of it making it no longer a local net? how ever should the band be open? or netlogger users from other new England states may see if and say oh cool a local 10 meter net in NH as in the past we had stations from Kentucky and Tennessee check in as i say or mike k1wvo says no membership required anyone may check in this will be a learning experience to some? but that what makes the hobby interesting. and i hope to see more stations from the club check in.??? should you not understand something about netlogger? please fell free to call or contact me directly at 603-400-4445 73’s matt n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

just a update the 10 meter chatnet is working on netlogger there a communication issue with qrz as i add a check into the net its not filling in your name qth and grid . i can add your info (name/call sigh qth manually) and the chat window is working . and you will see who is on the net and use the chat feature . just waiting on qrz to reply to fix the communication issue . so you will still if you haven’t? need to download and set up netlogger (netlogger.org) i hope by next Sunday? (30 July) the issue with qrz will be fixed . 73’s matt n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

just received a update that qrz has sent me a new password link so now the net Nashua 10 meter chatnet is fully operational i enter a check ins call sign and it adds all your info to the net hope you will install netlogger.org and log on to net as well as check in on net on 28.480. i had some veteran nata/omiss n/c controls kd2dmr Jeremy and kc2vmf from the graveyard net that I’m also a member i look forward to a test run on Sundays net.

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

greeting from n1zgn just a reminder of are clubs 10 meter chatnet on 28480 23 july at 0030-0115 UTC TIME (830pm-915pm) after the 2 meter net on the n1mno system repeaters. if you have never used netlogger before??? its a free download from there site or on omiss.com its easy to set up a profile.and on the logger you see who on the net and when a pink line is in your check in line thats a indication its your turn but its ok i will call on you to let you know and its the same on all nets and you get to see other nets on 20/40/80 and even a omiss 10 meter net once you master how and its easy how netlogger works? tomorrows net i will walk you threw most things that apply to check ins that you can do with the program. so i should be a informative net i look forward to seeing and hearing everyone on the net 73’s matt

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Hamilton
    Participant

Hello Matt,

Thank you for the details on Netlogger. It makes finding and using nets easy. When I first got my license most of my contacts were nets. Nets have other uses, if you need a distant state for a WAS, shop Netlogger for a net with contacts in that state, find one you can hear, and when it is your turn you will likely log it. It is like fishing in a barrel. I have nearly always received a confirmation from a net user. It beats CQing a state all night for a contact that doesn’t even own a log book.

Another use is to test or compare antennas or check propagation for receiving. With Netlogger you can tell who is transmitting, their location, and how much power they have. By just listening as they go down the list you can tell which states you can and cannot hear. I use the AIM chat box to ask someone that always has a strong signal what antenna they are using.

Everyone is welcome on nets on Netlogger. Nets like traffic. I’ve been on the Navy, SoCal, IBM, and yes, even the XYL net (I could see most participates on the list were OMs, the NCOs are XYLs). They have all been glad to have me. NATA is my favorite, I like OMISS, and ECARS also.

I’ll watch for you on Netlogger.

Hamilton (K1HMS)
    Amherst, NH

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

Thanks Hamilton i hope more club members will catch on new tech (as it will teach them what i learned when i was still a tech) or senior i mean general/advanced/extra members as well . i tried to post 2 videos on netlogger part 1 was more about starting a net on netlogger . part 2 was more on using it as a check in point of view . i found them both to be long and the version(current 1 is (3.1.5) and download set to be a older as newer set up is easier then 1 in part 1 video. so I’m going to make my own video and have it on DVD once a get a recorder . thanks for your interest and positive comments netlogger is not like n1mm to log contacts made in contesting . i would like to do a tech night on netlogger sometime i think it would be good for all i hope i maybe able to do so? thanks Hamilton matt n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Matt Sapienza
    Matt Sapienza
    Participant

i highly encourage all interested club members to either watch part 1 and 2 of netlogger download/use on YouTube . should you actually go to netlogger.org and actually download it set up is easy in part 1 of you tube video it refers to what system your PC is using lenox/windows ect and they mention should you have windows (vista/or7/8/10?) setting need to be changed that is false as both of my computers use windows 7 professional and ultimate 64 but i made no such changes. as i mentioned i will make a video on both set up/use of netlogger. not 1 for starting a net possibly i will at a later date . also there are some local nets on 2 meters (not in this state that are on net logger just thought I’d mention that matt n1zgn

Matt Sapienza, N1ZGN

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Radio Amateurs Developing Skills and Having Fun

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: